Milad Naghizadeh – B.Sc. (Biology), Honours Thesis Student, R.A., 2016-2018)
- Milad has moved on to pursue an M.Sc. in Majid Mohajerani’s laboratory in the Department of Neuroscience at Lethbridge University.
- His undergraduate Honour’s Thesis was accepted April 2017.
- He was the primary coder of the Quaddle generation scripts.
- Sam is now a Pharm.D. student in the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Toronto.
- Her M.Sc. thesis “The influence of alpha7 and alpha4 beta2 nicotinic receptor agonists on feature based reversal learning in macaque monkeys” was accepted August 2017.
- Sam carried the prestigious Queens Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in 2016/2017!
Dr. Mariann Oemisch – Ph.D. (Biology, 2012-2017)
- Mariann has moved to Daeyeol Lee’s laboratory at Yale University.
- Her Ph.D. dissertation “Neural processes underlying the flexible control and learning of attentional selection”, was accepted November 2017.
- Mariann is a three times awardee of the prestigious Ontario Graduate Studies (OGS) Fellowships!
- Mariann’s ResearchGate profile.
Dr Veronica Nacher – Postdoctoral Fellow (2015-2017)
- Veronica has moved to Douglas Crawford’s laboratory at York University.
- In the ACCL, Veronica studied the physiology of attention-related frontal lobe circuits, using electrical microstimulation techniques.
Dr. Hongying Wang – Lab Supervisor (2013-2017)
- Hongying is a Research Associate and Lab Manager at VISTA at York University.
- Hongying’s personal research page.
Stephen Chen, B.A. – Honours Thesis Student, Cognitive Science (2016-2017)
- Stephen’s Honours thesis investigated the predictors of learning in a dynamic context-dependent feature-based learning task.
- Stephen assisted in the development of the USE suite.
Alireza Tajadod, B.Sc. – Honours Thesis Student, Mathematics (2015-2017)
- Alireza’s Honour’s thesis investigated the information carried by error saccades made by nonhuman primates on a gaze-contingent task.
BA cand. Zemina Meghji – Honours Thesis Student (2015-2016)
Zemina worked on projects developing an overt behavioural marker of (covert) learning the feature relevance in an attentional task.
Dr. Stephanie Westendorff – Postdoctoral Fellow (2013-2015)
Steffi moved on to the Andreas Nieder Laboratory at the University in Tuebingen, Germany.
Steffi’s ResearchGate profile.
Dr. Salva Ardid – Research Associate and Postdoctoral Fellow (2011-14)
Salva moved on to do a postdoc with Prof. N. Kopell at Boston University (US) end of 2014.
PhD Matt Balcarras – Phd thesis (2011-15)
Matt moved on to Vancouver BC to become VP and Chief Scientist at ADX Advance Directives Xtended !
His Researcher Profile available at ResearchGate
Matt received 2013 the best abstract award from the Cognitive Science Society for his abstract and presentation of “Balcarras, Ardid, Kaping, Everling, Womelsdorf: Reinforcement learning predicts value-driven attentional selection in a foraging task. Workshop: “Learning to Attend, Attending to Learn”, San Diego, CA.
Keshna moved on to graduate school for a MSc with a molecular focus at the University of Toronto
Keshna finished successfully an ambitious matlab analysis project for an 8 credit Honours Thesis about ‘inferring learning success and value predictions from anticipatory licking responses in a reversal learning task’.
BSc. Omar Abid – Undergrad. Research Practicum (2014)
Omar has moved on to a PhD in John Tsotsos computational laboratory of active and attentive vision at York University to embark on ambitious PhD projects !
Dr. Cristiano Micheli – Postdoctoral Fellow (2013-14)
Cristiano went on to work as Senior Research Scientist in the Neurocognitive Psychology Lab, Prof. Dr. Jochem Rieger, at the University of Oldenburg, Germany.
In the Attentional Control lab Cristiano has worked on joint projects with the Valiante lab, Epilepsy Neurosurgery Program at Toronto Western Hospital.
MSc Chen Shen , MSc Neuroscience graduate student (2011-14)
Chen now works outside academia at a prestigious insurance company in Toronto in the statistics department.
Dr. Daniel Kaping – Postdoctoral Fellow (2010-12)
Daniel moved to Sweden as Senior Research Scientist at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden with Prof. Marie Carlen.
Johanna Stucke – Research Assistant (2010-12)
Michelle Bale – MSc Neuroscience thesis (2009-11)
Michelle went to Medical School at Western University
Iman Janemi – MSc Neuroscience thesis (2009-11)
Iman went to Dental-Medical School at the University of Detroit